300x250 AD TOP

Search This Blog

Paling Dilihat

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Disable Updates on Shutdown

I don't like my computer to make decisions for me most of the time, one of these times is when to install updates, I like to be notified if there's a critical update but not forced to restart, install or wait.


Microsoft have install updates on shutdown enabled by default, sometimes I need to shutdown my development computer during the day and when that usually happens, I need it quick. waiting for 5 updates to complete is not an option.


This registry change should fix the problem, its quicker importing a registry file than going over policies so I just click this file and the problem is over, it adds a sub-menu to the shutdown button that says "Install Updates and Shut down".


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
"NoAUAsDefaultShutdownOption"=dword:00000001
Tags:

0 comments:

Post a Comment